Here at Shimano, we believe that you, our customers deserve more than just quality products. Our warranty on fishing reels and rods give you added assurance on your investment. This is an extension of our commitment to you.
Shimano limited warranty
EMEA (Europe, Russia including Asian part, Middle East and Africa)
This warranty covers Shimano fishing reels and rods manufactured by or for Shimano Europe Fishing Holding B.V., High Tech Campus 92, 5656 AG Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
Shimano warrants that Shimano fishing reels and rods (hereinafter: the Shimano Product) are free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal conditions and reasonable use:
- For two years for all reels and rods.
- The warranty is effective from the date of purchase, to the original purchaser for all fishing reels and rods purchased in the EMEA.
This warranty does not cover:
- the Shimano Product which has been damaged resulting from normal wear and tear, improper use and neglect of servicing. Worn or noisy ball bearings or gears and worn or sticky drag plates are all classified as normal wear and tear;
- damage by corrosion due to salt water intrusion;
- neglect or damages caused by unauthorized alterations, abuse or incorrect (dis)assembly by an unauthorized technician;
- damage occurring during shipment of the Shimano Product;
- damage resulting from use of products which are defective or incompatible with the Shimano Product;
- if the Shimano Product has been used for rental or commercial purposes;
- if Shimano's mark or serial number has been defaced or removed from the Products;
- damage resulting from causes other than defects in materials and workmanship, including but not limited to accident, abuse, misuse, neglect, improper assembly, improper repair, improper maintenance, alteration, modification or other abnormal, excessive or improper use.
This warranty expressly provides for the repair or replacement of a defective reel or rod and is the sole remedy of the warranty. Any and all other remedies and damage that may otherwise be applicable are excluded, including but not limited to, incidental and consequential damages.
To make a valid claim under this warranty, please return:
Your reel or rod together with the original, dated invoice or receipt to an authorized Shimano dealer, preferably the dealer it was purchased from (any shipping cost will be at your own expense). Please include a description of the problem you are experiencing with the reel or rod.
If, having inspected the reel or rod, Shimano accepts that the product is defective; Shimano will (in its sole discretion) either repair or replace the product without charge.
This warranty only applies in Europe, Russia including Asian part, Middle East and Africa. This warranty is governed by and construed under the laws of the country or state in which the Shimano Product was purchased. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and those rights may vary from country to country, or state to state. Ask your dealer for details of any warranty terms that apply specifically to the country where you purchased your Shimano Product.
This warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
Shimano reserves the right to revise this limited warranty without notice.